Monday, April 18, 2011

Less Than 24 Hours...

Everything has moved at super speed.
At this moment, you can find me on a blanket in the middle of our living room where our couch should be. This is the last day to wake up here, the last to enjoy the TODAY Show here, AND the last day to move everything out. A little overwhelmed, but yesterday's huge progress has encouraged me.

How's the Packing Going?
The current challenge lies in the zillion or so nick-nacks we need to put into boxes and then into storage, but it's so much less than what we had Saturday morning! We had a successful garage sale on Saturday, and donated everything we couldn't sell. Now, we are down to what we currently consider the basics (still way to much stuff... we're sentimental), and have lowered that down to the basic-basics to take with us on our first car trip.

How Do You Feel?
I'm excited to get on the road tomorrow! I have several audio books, music, walkie-talkies, GPS, and most importantly a phone! Feel free to give me a call to say 'hi' or have a quick catch up. Tomorrow is going to be a long day, and both Jayson and I would love conversation (if you don't remember we will be taking two cars and might get a little lonely).

What About Adler?
Adler seems a little confused by what's going on! I didn't post this the other day, but she has officially been in our family for 1 year and 2 days! She has been a great dog, and has grown out of her fears a lot. She's a little nervous right now though. For the last month, we have left her at the Hamilton's for a few days TWICE, we have had several people over (including 9 men who stayed with us!), and now we are packing everything up and moving it out! She'll be okay though, and hopefully we can get a steady environment for her soon. Plus, she's going to LOVE California weather!

Thanks for following along with us on this adventure! I'm making it my priority (well... i'm putting it somewhere on the priority list) to update this blog more in the next few months. --I've also tried to make it a little prettier.

I hope you all have a fantastic week! Ours should be interesting. :)

-s

No comments:

Post a Comment