Sunday, November 2, 2014

Standard Time is Back

Today is the first day that I can officially start writing PST on my Outlook Event Invites again!

A lot has happened, is happening,
and will be happening around here.

Yesterday, marked one year since my Mammaw passed away; and tomorrow marks 9 months since my dad passed away, which is definitely making this season a bit more emotional than it has been in the past.

Though we are so excited for it to be my (30th!!) birthday, Christmas, and our London vacation, the loss of such important people is very much felt right now. I always especially feel the loss of my mom at this time because she always loved celebrating my birthday.

To make things EVEN MORE emotional, the time has apparently come for massive layoffs at Warner Bros; and no one is safe. By the end of this work week, i should know if I am safe from this round of cuts, or if I will need to start the ever enjoyable interviewing process.

Though all of this is going on, I am blessed to have an amazing husband, and to have had this job for the last year and a half. Jayson and i have looked at our finances and our travel plans, and know that no matter what happens, we should be okay.

PLUS, today we set up our THANKSGIVING TREE!

Yesterday, we bought our new artificial Christmas tree, and today we figured we would set it up and test it. Then somehow it turned into what i hope is a forever tradition for us!

We are planning on trying to come up with things we are thankful for and hang them on the tree leading up to the happy day!

Man, trees with lights on in the house immediately make it feel cozier. :)



Our Thanksgiving "Angel"





















No comments:

Post a Comment