Sunday, March 6, 2011

White Bean, Kale and Sausage Soup

So my latest blogosphere obsession has been Cupcakes and Cashmere! I already got a few recipe, clothing, and design ideas from Emily (the wonderful blogger)---not to mention the desire to return to NOLA after seeing her Mardi Gras pics!--- but when I saw this entry with this recipe linked to it, I knew we had to try it.

So last night, after a cloudy, chilly, event packed day (that started by thinking two men were breaking into my house...long story), I grabbed my ingredients and through this in the pan.
*I used turkey sausage, and want to try a spicy turkey sausage in it next time.

Rule #1 in cooking:
Always have something to read to help pass the time.
(Rule #2 is always have a chair or somewhere to sit in the kitchen to do said reading)



It immediately smells wonderful, and the kale soaks up all the broth to make it extra tasty and take away any bitterness.



Finished product!



We did decide that next time we think we will try to add 1 more can of beans, just to make it a bit more dense.

Warning if you try this recipe at home: the creator didn't give a lot of specific instructions; so please go into it willing to try different things, make stuff up as you go along, and be okay if it doesn't turn out perfect...though I'm pretty sure that's hard to do with this one.

-s

P.S. also want to add, this was such a simple and pretty quick recipe. a lot of times soup take a little more effort... not this one. so enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment