Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hamilton Happenings: Doctor Who

Hello all,

If you know me, you know my great love of sci-fi/fantasy and comic books. Living in LA has been a great place for seeing a lot of my favorite stars from the "Nerd" world, and yesterday I had the chance to see one of the biggest... The Doctor.

Doctor Who is one of my favorite shows of all time, and every episode makes me love it even more. As a great fan of David Tennant, the 10th Doctor (and the one that kinda looks like Jayson... look it up), I was nervous about the 11th Doctor coming in; but immediately Matt Smith was absolutely charming.

He and Karen Gillan (who plays the 11th Doctor's companion, Amy Pond) had a signing at Amoeba Records yesterday. Now to actually get something signed you had to go a week before, and be one of the first 200 people to buy a copy of the Series 6, Part 1 DVD set. Apparently, people lined up as early as 5 am... and the store didn't open until 10:30! Luckily for us, we didn't have enough money to even attempt to buy the DVDs; so we just went yesterday hoping we could find a good spot, just so I could SEE the Doctor. It worked.

While these pictures below are not the best (horrible lighting and my cheapo camera) they show how close we were... i only wish they could really show how exciting it was!









And here is a video of the signing (if you listen closely you can hear Matt Smith's voice):




In other news, this is the album we bought:

yes, that's a dinosaur in a boat with George Washington, Davy Crockett, and of course, American Children.

Life sure is exciting!

-sass

No comments:

Post a Comment