Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Day of Looooove...

I'm not a big "romantic" Valentine's Day girl....I'm more of a $1 bin at target (gel clings anyone?), cheap chocolates, lots of bright colored balloons & stuffed animals Valentine's Day gal.

I don't actually need to own any of these things, or even be given a gift at all, I just like being surrounded by it.

I like holidays because I like themes and I like when people are happy (I've noticed themes either bring out complete joy or utter disdain from people, no matter the occasion.)

Today I woke with a smile because i found homemade cards and snickers from Jayse. He also gave me wild flowers from the Farmer's market a few days ago.

I love all of these things, but don't associate them with Valentine's Day. I'm a lucky girl that gets notes throughout the year, and flowers on occasion because he knows I think flowers makes our place feel homey.

So yes, "romantic" gestures should be year round, but why not take this holiday and have fun with the theme?

Red, pink & hearts for everyone!!

s

No comments:

Post a Comment