Friday, August 5, 2011

Favorite Friday: Holiday Season

Let me take a second and admit something...

I am currently listening to Christmas music.




I love it, and I am excited that we are nearing my favorite few months. To me there is no better time than that which runs from the end of September to the first week of January. I absolutely love everything about fall. The weather, the pumpkin flavored everything, the need to have warm drinks in hand (i love apple cider), my wedding anniversary, then my birthday, and knowing that Christmas is just around the corner! It's all perfection to me.


The view looking up from our backyard last December.

Living in LA it feels like Fall nearly every night. In fact, it is the one and only thing that has made me truly home-sick. At night, when we walk Adler in the cute little neighborhood beside us, i yearn for the few precious months in Fort Worth that I love so much. The months where friends sit outside for longer, the months of decorating our house, and the months of spending way too much time at the University Park Village Starbucks visiting the baristas. This year, as Fall approaches in our new city, I am nervous about how Fall and the Holiday Season will feel to me. I'm excited for new memories and new traditions, but for a few years Fort Worth in the Fall & Winter months will always be the standard by which everything else is measured.


Could this be a preview of our new stockings?

When it approaches, I will definitely let you know what it feels like to have L.A. weather in place of my beloved Southern Fall and Winter weather. But just to give you a little insight of what it's like here, I have borrowed a climate chart from About.com.


When time comes please feel free to post lots of Fall and Christmas photos no matter where you are in this world. Send me links!

It's only the most wonderful time of the year!

-sass

No comments:

Post a Comment