Tuesday, September 2, 2014

113 Days! London Bus Tour

As I mentioned before, on Christmas Day London transportation is nearly non-existent.

On Boxing Day things pick up again, but not fully.
Apparently, Tube service is limited.

Since I am not quite sure what that will mean, and don't want it to interrupt our plans, Jayson and I have decided to go super tourist for our first full day,
and go on a hop on, hop off bus tour!



When I studied in London, that was one of the first activities they had us go on, and I loved it! It felt like such a good introduction to the town because I saw a little bit of everything. Sure, it spun my head around, trying to figure out exactly where I was in the city; but it gave me a taste of the town I was about to spend the next few weeks exploring.

Since Jayson and I have a lot less time than I had when I studied there, I want him to experience as much of the magic as possible.

Right now, I have plans for us to use The Original Bus Tour, but I have heard good things about Big Bus Tours.

I found this website, to help me sort through some of the decision making:
http://www.londontoolkit.com/blog/daytrips/tours/comparing-londons-hop-on-hop-off-sightseeing-buses/

It looks like The Original London Tour offers discounts to a few other popular site seeing locations when you buy them at the same time as your bus tour tickets. Always a perk!

Have you ever been on either? Do you have a preference?


Original Bus Tour Map (click here)


Big Bus Tour Map (click here)







No comments:

Post a Comment